Fresh, Local, Delicious!
This is the theme for my radio show this afternoon, and I am lucky enough to have 2 dynamic and fabulous young women on the show. Keeley & Erika. They are the co-creators of Wild Squirrel Nut Butters a local company based in Eugene that sells fun and delicious peanut and almond butters with fun flavors! The hit at our house was Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter! You can find them here in Oregon at New Seasons Market and Market of Choice or buy them online at www.wildsquirrelnutbutter.com I will be trying some more and my creative juices will be flowing I am sure….Here is the really kick-butt thing about these 2 – they are University of Oregon Juniors! YES! Awesome, dynamic young women. PS – they have been featured in Oprah Magazine and won one of the prizes at Oregon Angel this year!
How does a food blogger properly celebrate them? Well….I create a recipe and present them with the product on the air! Here is the Simple Kitchen with Missy Maki recipe of the day….and a recipe made in honor of 2 really rocking Oregonians! You go Keeley & Erika!!
- 2-ish cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup of Wild Squirrel Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons butter (not margarine)
- 12 ounces (2 giant 6-ounce bars) special dark semisweet chocolate, broken into chunks
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal, crushed (1/2 cup after crushing)
- Flaked Coconut for topping
- Line mini-muffin tins with muffin papers. Place 3 miniature marshmallows in each cup.
- In a double boiler, melt butter and peanut butter together, stirring until smooth. Add chocolate, stirring to avoid scorching, until combined. Remove from heat. Fold in crushed rice cereal.
- Spoon aprx 1 tablespoon of chocolate mixture over the marshmallows in each cup. When trays are full, tap gently on the counter to force chocolate down and around the marshmallows.
- Sprinkle tops with flaked coconut!
- Chill at least 2 hours to set. Refrigerate leftovers...share with friends and be local, fresh, and AWESOME!