I have a love affair going on with Tarragon. Simple as that. The flavor makes me crazy! It has a licorice and deep herbal green flavor that is SO hard to describe, but I adore it.
I took a trip to Oregon Wine Country and was inspired by all things fresh and local! This recipe was served at my home that very night…with an Archery Summit Rose to be exact…..
Sliced open…..oh my…..
So…..lets talk preparation – this one took some love….
Now….for the final recipe!
- 4-6 Chicken breasts - no skin and fat trimmed
- 4-6 mozzarella sticks ( string cheese)
- 6 tbsp Tarragon
- 1 cup Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place tarragon, mustard, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper into a cuisinart or blender and mix to a fine paste.
- Open chicken breasts up , assisted with a few more slits if necessary, and place a cheese stick in each breast - you may put a bit of the paste in here if you like as well. Enclose the chicken around the cheese and tie with a string (see photo).
- Place in baking dish and cover with the paste. Cover with foil and cook for 20-25 minutes. Remove foil and finish for 8 minutes. Allow to rest. Serve with a smile and an awesome attitude!