I love a delicious cool pasta salad. It is the perfact addition to any meal when the sun is out! I especcially love cheese tortellini, but I know that it is a little more calories than my normal healthy whole grain pasta, so I thought I would combine them, make a light salad dressing, add fresh veggies, and lighten it up a bit! This was what I ended up making!
- 1 package cheese tortellini
- 1 package whole grain penne pasta
- ¾ pound asparagus – cut into 2 inch pieces and steamed
- 10 ounces feta cheese
- 1 10 ounce can sliced olives, drained
- 1 small jar pimentos, drained
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic – fresh is best
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pastas per directions on labels. Drain and set aside, allow to cool.
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a shaker, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pastas, asparagus, olives, pimentos, and feta.
- Slowly pour dressing over the salad and toss till entirely coated.
- Allow to sit overnight in refrigerator to incorporate flavors.
- Serve with a pretty smile