Showering a loved one with gifts….oh how us women love to prepare a new bride for her new married life. While the world changes around us, you can count on a few traditions never changing, and the Bridal Shower is one of them.
The thing is there are a lot of moving parts to shower…the games:
Shower in May Menu:
Starlet Champagne Punch
Summer Pasta Salad
Creamy Crab Dip on Toast
Mini Bagel Sammys
Fresh Fruit with Strawberry Yogurt Dip
Carrots & Blue Cheese
How much fun to enjoy food, open gifts and talk about the big day! Also – to enjoy the beautiful Cupcakes and Starlet Punch!
Of course there is a group photo at the end….
But I have a rule! One pretty pic, and one……not so pretty pic:
(she will thank me later for this…..)
The shower was a success, and this has been a Foodbuzz Featured Publisher 24×24 Post….Now, on to the recipe! I will do the rest of the recipes above and link them back as I do them!
- 12 ounces of Dungeness Crab (pick through for any shell pieces)
- 2 boxes low fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- Chives for garnish
- 1 smallish baguette
- Mix top 4 ingredients. Put in a bowl and let rest overnight.
- Slice baguette into 1/2 inch slices and leave out overnight so that it gets a light crustiness.
- In the morning, Spread the cheese on the bread pieces and varnish with chive.
- Enjoy being the best hostess on the planet!!