Oh man, I love baking and the fact that summer has been a bummer so far this year makes it easy to keep on baking…..rainy or overcast weekends just mean more time in the kitchen with my baked goods. Not so great for the figure…..fabulous for my growing tome of recipes!
I got these funky little muffin plastic cupcake baker-inner-thingys. I was a little skeptical, but now here is my advice: If you don’t have these – go to Ikea and spend the 4 dollars and be prepared to have your muffin world ROCKED. They were so easy to use, muffins popped right our perfectly and they go in the dishwasher. This is a trifecta of baking item perfection. Here is my new muffin recipe! It turned out great!
- 1 cup rolled oats ( uncooked)
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fat free greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dried minced orange rind
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- cooking spray
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract ( you can use half orange and half vanilla if you really want a lot of orange flavor)
- SO simple! Preheat oven to 400. Mix all ingredients together up to the cooking spray. Spay your cupcake tip, then evenly ditribute the muffins between the tins (or molds like I used in photos) Should yield 10-12 muffins. Cook for 20 minutes. Allow to fully cool and remove from tin/molds.
- Whisk the milk, powdered sugar and extract together until a clump-free texture. Dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze and allow to harden on cookie sheet that is placed over wax paper.