You may or may not know this, but every Sunday morning, I get up at 5:45am with my twins. They eat, play and I have coffee and make my husband a breakfast casserole. Every week. They are always different, but is his treat because at 9:00am I leave to go to my studio and go on the air for 2 hours as well as record the PODCASTs of the show. So, he has a delicious treat AND get to sleep in! It eases the guilt…you feel me? Here you go….
And here is the recipe…..
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cream
- 3 cups cooked and cubed potatoes
- 4 crispy fried bacon slices, crumbled
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cups favorite cheese (I like sharp white Cabot cheddar in this dish)
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray
- Lay the potatoes down on the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle the onion on the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the potatoes.
- Spread cheese over potatoes, bacon and onion
- lightly dust with salt and pepper, then sprinkle the rosemary over that.
- Whisk the eggs and cream and pour over the ingredients.
- Cook on middle oven rack for 35 minutes - the first 15 with foil over the top so it does not overcook.
- Tip: Place fresh rosemary on the place and serve with whole grain toast