Hey, I am nobodies perfect wife, parent, or cook. As I am fond of saying “it’s the Simple Kitchen, not the James Beard House”. I have my hands full and you likely don’t need me to tell you why. Often, the fact that I have SOME fresh ingredients is enough for me. Being able to get some food on the table, that I cooked, and that will be eaten as well as used for lunches over the next day or so. This is a HUGE hit for our family, Even the 19 month olds loved it!
Weekday Beef Pasta (30 minute Meal)
- 3 cups cooked pasta - I like all types! You can use whole wheat on this one if you want to get more fiber
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 finely chopped small yellow onion
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 can of sliced olives
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 large chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with Parmesan if you like
- Brown and crumble the beef over medium/medium high. Partially through, add th eonion.
- Once the beef is the way cooked, add the garlic and turn until incorporated.
- Add tomatoes and cook, I like them somewhat crisp.
- Add Olive Oil - you can add more if you like, but if I want it to be "more juicy" I will just add a little vegetable broth. Remember the lower the fat content in your beef the less "juicy" the dish will be - compensate with more tomatoes or a bit of broth.
- Add olives.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, this is easier before the pasta is added.
- Add the pasta and serve! I like to garnish with Parmesan, but if you do that, back off on the salt in the last step.