Anyone else getting back into the groove? Seeing the leaves fall makes me step back and remember that we have been on a crazy, non stop, stay up late, sleep in, and live outside most of the time roller coaster.
Last week I hopped off the roller coaster, reorganized the pantry, the kitchen fridge, the secondary fridge and garage pantry. I stocked, rotated, and researched recipes. I am Supermomwife!
Here is the thing. Supermomwife has had her metabolism shut off like a spigot. I went from eat what I want to MUST exercise every day otherwise I will gain a pound a day. But what do I do? Cook different meals for everyone? Sigh….NO, please no.
This was a shot in the dark I found a tater toot cheese burger casserole so I slimmed it down INTENSELY. It was great and I added a lot of veggies to assist in getting those vitamins in picky kiddos! Also – this is crust-less to remove the extra carbs as well ans reduced cheese. I think Dad liked it the most. He had the leftovers for breakfast in a whole wheat tortilla!
- 8 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped with liquid and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan - shredded
- Cooking spray
- Cook ground beef in a skillet, when it is almost done, add the onion and garlic. Drain any excess fat and set aside.
- Whisk eggs and milk. Add salt and pepper, tomatoes, spinach, and cheese. Slowly add the beef.
- Put the mixture into a casserole dish,. pie plate or like I did, in a quiche plate with a removable bottom. Spray dish generously with cooking spray, pour into dish and cook for 45 minutes. You may need to cover with foil if the top is getting dark too quickly. You are looking for the center to set, give it a jiggle at 30 minutes, and keep a hawk eye on the pie as it cooks so the top does not over-brown.