I haven’t posted a recipe in a while, but I have just been a little busy. A lot has happened in my career, all good, but it keeps me busy and my now almost 4 year old twins are busy with ballet, gymnastics, basketball and tap dancing. Can you believe in the fall they will start preschool? This mommy is NOT ready to have them leave the nest. Where has (nearly) 4 years gone? More on that later…..
I am now slowly and carefully curating recipes to make our lives work come this fall when school begins. I ma pouring myself into finding ways to get the right food in their bodies, and have had some successes, and many fails. This was a win, and I wanted to share it with you – this was a meal we all enjoyed and was an easy “grab and go.” I imagine crazy mornings, and the idea that breakfast can be eaten in the car and be filled with nutrition to keep my monkeys focused and feeling good until lunchtime is comforting. Lunchtime…..that is a whole different project that I plan on taking on this summer…….
I love this recipe for a quick on the go breakfast. I am working on developing food for the twins before they start school and my focus is slow burning and good tasting foods. This will taste dry if you do not use butter or oil, and you may need to tweak it based on what you add and remove. I have made this and served it with a little cream cheese frosting for dessert as well!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar (I have used stevia, not as rich but still good)
- 1/4 cup chia
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Stir in dark chocolate if desired.
- Smooth into a 9x13 inch baking dish. (I use cooking spray)
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.